I made it a year! Yesterday was my best day for likes and this morning I hit 100 followers! Thank you to everyone who’s stopped by this past year and helped me get here.
For the first anniversary of this blog, I thought I’d share ten posts that were really important to me this past year.
1.Most popular post: Strong Female Characters: Fact vs Fiction
2. These authors were gracious enough to help me out, Guest Post: Author Fia Essen, Indie Author Interview: Caroline Peckham, and Featured Indie Author, Elsa Ward, author of “Finding Sanctuary”
3. I Finished the book! Of course I edited for another 9 months but this was huge after stops and starts for two years.
4. Then this happened last month. 84,500 words. 1 Month. Done. Bam
5. In between all this though, some crappy stuff happened and I reassessed my path, and the point of this blog. This poem was all I could muster at the time.
6. And later, I was shocked at how hard this hit me.
7. While I offer plenty of advice here, I also continue to learn. Mythcreants has been incredibly helpful to me, delving into issues I haven’t ever considered before with wit and some light snark.
9. My most helpful and contributing blogging buddy Russell J. Fellows is taking some time off, but I want to give him a big thank you for his support.
10. The best, most important thing I learned this year How to keep writing? Skip the boring parts
Overall, it has been an interesting year of growth. I still have a ways to go but looking back over the year I realize I have learned so much and I can see the difference in my writing.
In the year ahead I’d like to connect with more writers and feature more of their work. I hope to be published myself. Right now I am dealing with an illness but I refuse to let it stop me. I hope some of my posts have been helpful to you, as so many writers I’ve connected with this year have been monumental in my own growth.
All the best, Lindsey